Use BeONAIR PRO for interpreters in the Corporate workflow to receive audio from Corporate speaker and to send translated speech to Corporate listeners. BeONAIR PRO works in the Corporate workflow using the "Interpreter mode". BeONAIR Pro can work as a speaker with paid BeONAIR $1 listener
Corp. - FREE
Pro - $1
"BeONAIR" APPS WORKFLOW MATRIX
BeONAIR has two versions - PRO and CORPORATE. There is no functional difference between them. The only one is that CORPORATE version has free client app thus allowing speaker to provide it for clients free of charge for their convenience. Even in CORPORATE workflow interpreters can use PRO version in the INTERPRETER MODE.
- The audience can ask the speaker questions via built-in messaging service.
- Both the speaker and the audience can record the broadcast.
- The speaker can turn off the audience's recording capability at any time as well as protect it with a password.
- For simultaneous interpreters the app allows to create their own streams while listening to the main speaker broadcast.
- The app allows the users to upload previously recorded audio broadcasts to Dropbox.
- BeONAIR also has a built-in voting system.
- Broadcasts are available to users with iOS or Android smartphones and BeONAIR app.
Some public WiFi networks do not allow data exchange between devices on the network. The app will not work on such networks.
Smartphone's built-in microphone may not deliver the best sound quality and may create noise. Consider using an external microphone or headset for online broadcasting.
Bluetooth headsets can create noticeable delay and often produce poor sound quality. Use smartphone original headset or other wired one. USB noise canceling headsets from Plantronics, VXi and Logitech can provide much better sound and can be connected to the iPhone or iPad with iPhone Lightning Camera adapter
How To Use
Reflash your router with DD-WRT if compatible. Do not connect router to the internet to prevent internet traffic from listeners decrease the stream channel bandwidth. If not flashed by DD-WRT - check if your router support Multicast, UDP and ZeroConf (Bonjour) - all are supported by modern routers and should be enabled in the setup. Everybody should use headphones while speaker and interpreters need headsets (USB noise canceling pro headsets can be connected using iPhone Lightning Camera Adapter). If disconnected from internet - turn OFF firewall to prevent port blocking.
1.Create WIFI network with your router. Check if UDP and Multicast protocols are supported and enabled. Connect all iOS and Android devices to this WIFI network
2. To create Broadcast (iOS only) - choose Speak and press START. Default name will be assigned to your broadcast. To assign custom name to your broadcast - look for the text input field over the START button.
3. To listen the broadcast - choose Listen from the main menu and choose the broadcast name from the list of available broadcasts (each has an orange sign near the name)
4. To record what You listen - before connecting turn "record broadcasts" switch to ON position, then choose stream, the broadcast will be saved under "saved streams" button
- What router should I use for such amount of listeners
1. RUCKUS ZoneFlex 7982 (up to 50 people in standalone mode, needs ZoneDirector 1200 and more access points for more connections)
For consumer routers BeONAIR recommends DD-WRT firmware. We have made some tests and found that the same router flashed with DD-WRT performs with BeONAIR much better than with original firmware. So, everyone owning DD-WRT compatible router ( check database here) is strongly advised to reflash the router... Also we do recommend to use Asus routers, as our experience shows that they work out of the box with original firmware. We do not support mobile routers, even when they work - wifi range is rarely exceeds 5 meters and amount of connections are usually only 5. To feed 20 people consider buying from $300 model..
- What is th difference between BeONAIR PRO and BeONAIR CORPORATE?
BeONAIR PRO is used when listeners can purchase BeONAIR CLIENT for 1$.
BeONAIR CORPORATE is used by speakers who want listeners to use free BeONAIR CORPORATE CLIENT
- I don't see any available audio stream. -
a) Check if You are on the same Wifi network as Speaker. If so - try to restart "Listen" service.
b) Check the router settings - it should support and has enabled UDP and Multicast
- Audio delay is so noticable that I have an echo effect.
Restart "Listen" service. In common, delay mostly depends on router speed and presence of repeaters between speaker and You.
- How to prevent incoming call from terminating my speech?
Don't pull out your SIM card. Just go to Settings -> Airplane Mode. Turn it ON. You will see that WiFi will also turn OFF. All You have to do is just turn WiFi back ON. You will have WiFi working while phone cellular radio will be OFF.
- How to prevent fast battery draining?
Please keep the screen locked during the broadcast and reception. (iOS only)
- How to prevent echo and self-induction effects?
Always use headset or headphones.